Tritlington Township, 1848
TRITLINGTON, a township, in the parochial chapelry of Hebburn, union, and W. division of the ward, of Morpeth, N. division of Northumberland, 4¾ miles (N.) from Morpeth; containing 131 inhabitants. This place was the property of the Threlkelds, whose ancient mansion of stone has a well-sheltered garden adjoining it on the north. In the west wall of the courtyard is an ornamented gateway, of which the four pillars are crowned with vases of stone, and two of them, higher than the others, with circular fruit-baskets. The township comprises 1027a. 3r. 1p.; 817 acres are arable, 159 meadow and pasture, and 51 woodland. The surface is watered by the small stream of the Line, on whose south bank the retired village of Tritlington is chiefly situated. The tithes have been commuted for a yearly rent-charge of £147. 7.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.