Swinburne with Colwell (Township), 1848
SWINBURN, with Colwell, a township, in the parish of Chollerton, union of Hexham, N.E. division of Tindale ward, S. division of Northumberland, 7 miles (N.) from Hexham; containing 393 inhabitants. The family of Swinburn took their name from this place, which they probably held previously to the year 1272: in the reign of Edward II. it was the seat and manor of Adam de Swinburn. It afterwards passed, by marriage, with the heiress of the Swinburns, to Sir John Widdrington, whose family possessed the estate for many generations, until it was purchased, in 1695, by the Riddells. The township is bounded on the west by a rivulet of the same name, tributary to the North Tyne. There is a Roman Catholic domestic chapel at Swinburn Castle, a handsome seat belonging to Mr. Riddell.
Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Just for good measure, the same publication also lists: