Topics > Tyne and Wear > Sunderland > Sunderland City Centre > Sunderland Exchange

Sunderland Exchange


Sunderland, 197 High Street East. Originally built as the Sunderland Exchange in 1812-1814, designed by John and William Stokoe of Newcastle; builder George Cameron of Esk. Later the building was used for the Missions to Seamen, and once house the Archives of the City of Sunderland. Today the lower floor is a Spanish bar/restaurant and the upper floor is the Quayside Exchange - a conference, weddings and banqeting venue. The building is Grade II listed on the National Heritage List for England.

Sunderland City Centre Grade II Listed 1814 Historic Buildings and Monuments in Sunderland John Stokoe (1756-1836)
from http://www.quaysideexchange...
Quayside Exchange
- "The Quayside Exchange, is a historic Grade II listed banqueting venue close to Sunderland City Centre, and the perfect venue for weddings, conferences and events...."

Added by
Simon Cotterill
from http://www.twsitelines.info...
Tyne and Wear HER(4791): Sunderland, High Street East, No. 197, Sunderland Exchange
- "The Sunderland Exchange before Missions to Seamen, was built in 1812-1814 by George Cameron of Esk, to a design by [William] Stokoe of Newcastle. It is built in incised stucco ...

Added by
Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



List number: 1207089
List grade: 2
Tyne & Wear HER: 4791
Grid ref: NZ4023057301
Post code: SR1 2AX
Borough: Sunderland

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES