Topics > Cumbria > Civil Parishes in Cumbria > Stainton Civil Parish > Stainton Cross

Stainton Cross


Cross Mill was located by St Sunday's Beck, in the parish of Stainton in the South Lakeland district of Cumbria. It was a working flax mill up to 1886. Nearby are Stainton Cross Cottages. There is a commemorative wooden cross, inscribed: "Five water mills once existed beside St Sunday's Beck Halfpenny, Mill Bridge, Skettelgill, Stainton and Stainton Cross"

Stainton Civil Parish Stainton Beck - St. Sunday's Beck
from Geograph (geograph)
Stainton Cross

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Stainton Cross

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Milepost on A65 opposite Stainton Cross

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.



ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES