Topics > Cumbria > Appleby-in-Westmorland > Scattergate

Scattergate


SCATTERGATE, a township, in the parish of Appleby St. Lawrence, East ward, county of Westmorland; containing 156 inhabitants. It adjoins the town of Appleby on the south, and within the township are the remains of Appleby Castle. Dr. Waugh, Bishop of Carlisle, was a native of the place.

Extract from: A Topographical Dictionary of England comprising the several counties, cities, boroughs, corporate and market towns, parishes, and townships..... 7th Edition, by Samuel Lewis, London, 1848.
Appleby-in-Westmorland Appleby, 1848
from Geograph (geograph)
Junction of Scattergate and Colby Lane, Appleby

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Scattergate Green

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Lodge and gates, Appleby Castle

Pinned by Simon Cotterill
from Geograph (geograph)
Verge, Scattergate, Appleby

Pinned by Simon Cotterill

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES