St Mary's Church, Threlkeld, Cumbria (11)

  • Description

    "Royal Arms over the main entrance. The practice of hanging Royal Arms in Church dates from King Henry VIII's break with Rome in 1534. Sadly, these are not rare Tudor arms, but are thought to date from the Hanoverian era." Photo by The Carlisle Kid, 2015.
  • Owner

    The Carlisle Kid
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4656776
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 12 months ago
    Viewed: 96 times
    Picture Taken: 2015-09-05
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES