CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL - Bootle, Cumbria - List Entry

  • Description

    "Medieval but heavily restored C19, transepts 1837, west tower c.1860-80. Stone rubble with ashlar dressings, chancel roughcast, and slate roofs. Nave with transepts and west tower, chancel with south organ loft. Tower has angle buttresses and string courses...., part original. Octagonal font on C19 stem has shields to sides, initials: RB (possibly R Brown, rector c.1535); Hudleston arms and black-letter inscription; C19 pinnacled cover. Chancel has piscina in C19 surround; small wall brass to Sir Hugh Askew (died 1562)...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1086650
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 5 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 432 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES