Tyne and Wear HER(7099): Cullercoats, Dove Hall or Sparrow Hall

  • Description

    "In 1682 the Dove family built a large Jacobean house which became locally known as "Sparrow Hall" because the locals thought the dove on the coat of arms on the east gable was a sparrow hawk. The initials of Thomas and Elizabeth Dove were carved next to the figure of the dove. The hall stood in its own grounds near to the cliffs overlooking the sea. It had latticed and mullioned windows, was three storeys high with a central projecting...."
  • Owner

    Sitelines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/7099
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 283 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES