Low Buston (Warkworth)

  • Description

    "This is the site of the deserted medieval village of Low Buston. It was first recorded in 1242, but fell into disuse during the 18th century. The remains of the village can still be seen. Several sunken roadways are visible running through the site. There are also a series of rectangular enclosures, possibly small fields, as well as smaller enclosures which were probably the site of buildings. Aerial photographs of the area also show traces of ridge and furrow. This is a Scheduled Monument..."
  • Owner

    Keys to the Past (Durham & Northumbria County Councils)
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.keystothepast.info/article/10339/Site-Details?PRN=N5417
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 274 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES