Description"There is another photo here [] North Wylam was the most westerly station on the Scotswood, Newburn & Wylam Railway. It was opened in 1876 and closed in 1968. The site was cleared in January 1975 leaving few visible remains. It is now a grassy open space adjacent to the car park of the Tyne Riverside Park and the former track ('Wylam Waggonway') a walking and cycle route. There is a detailed account here: http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/n/north_wylam/index.shtml" Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2011.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2743634
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 3 months ago
Viewed: 105 times
Picture Taken: 2011-12-25