Swarthmoor Hall

  • Description

    Photo Ruth Martin Built c.1600, it was bequeathed by Judge Fell to his wife Margaret, who married George Fox. It was used as a meeting house until a nearby husbandman's barn and cottage was bought by George Fox in 1687 and converted into a meeting house.
  • Owner

    Britain Quaker Meeting Houses
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NoDerivs License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98826199@N00/491018217/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 3 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 146 times
    Picture Taken: 2004-04-17T07:32:55
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES