Swarthmoor Friends Meeting House

  • Description

    "A sixteenth-century building which was part of the Swarthmoor Hall estate. The house was given by George Fox to the newly-established Religious Society of Friends and forms an important link in the history of the Quaker movement. The inscription over the door reads EX DONO G.F. 1688." Photo by Rosalind Mitchell, 2012.
  • Owner

    Rosalind Mitchell
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3309836
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 411 times
    Picture Taken: 2012-11-18
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES