Swarthmoor

  • Description

    In use. The meeting room was built 1688 on the end of the cottage which George Fox had purchased in 1687 and donated to the Society of Friends. Following work it opened in 1690. Note the distinction in spelling from Swarthmore Monthly Meeting.
  • Owner

    Britain Quaker Meeting Houses
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/98826199@N00/4875430454/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 5 years, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 414 times
    Picture Taken: 2010-08-04T09:51:36
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES