Description"Although the first record of a water mill at Gleaston is in 1608, the mill site was probably in use at least a century before. Today's buildings date from the 1770s while the water wheel is Victorian. The water supply is from three sources - Gleaston Beck (which often dries up in the summer), Lime Kiln Spring and the spring behind the farm buildings." Photo by G Laird, 2017.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5496024
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
Viewed: 191 times
Picture Taken: 2017-08-09