ST ANNE'S HOSPITAL CHAPEL AT ST ANNE'S HOSPITAL - Appleby - List Entry

  • Description

    "C17 stone rubble cottages with later alterations. Main front has a central chamfered segmental-headed archway above which is a panel and brass plate with Clifford arms and inscription "This Almes House was founded and begun to be built in the year 1651, and was finished and endowed for the yearlymaintenance of a Mother, a Reader, and twelve sisters for ever in 1653 by Anne Baronesse Clifford, Cumberland and Vesey, Lady of the Hon. of Skipton in Craven, and Countesse Dowager of Pembroke, Dorsett and Montgomery". Each cottage has one window each floor all of two lights with flat stone mullions...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1145571
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 2 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 150 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES