CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL - Arthuret - List Entry

  • Description

    "Church. Dated 1609 over west entrance, built by national subscription, replacing medieval church; tower completed c1700, restored 1868. Red and yellow dressed sandstone, graduated green slate roofs. 3-storey tower/porch, 7-bay nave with north and south aisles, one-bay chancel. Tower: plank door in pointed arch, 2-light mullioned openings with louvred vents; small, chamfered-surround stair windows to left; stepped angle buttresses, string courses, battlemented parapet and corner pinnacles..."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1087523
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 5 years, 7 months ago
    Viewed: 361 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES