MORTUARY CHAPEL - Wreay - List Entry

  • Description

    "Chapel to adjoining cemetery. Circa 1835 by Sarah Losh. Dressed calciferous sandstone, stone-slate roof. Single storey and one bay: built as a reconstructed copy of St Perran's Oratory found at Perranzabuloe, Cornwall in 1835, in drifting sand dunes and thought at the time to be the earliest Christian church in the country. Approximately 1O metres long by 6 metres broad and 4 metres high....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1087757
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 9 months, 4 weeks ago
    Viewed: 46 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES