Under Alston Market Cross

Related Pages


Market Cross


Alston

  • Description

    "A plaque tells the history of the cross, which was first erected in 1764 by Sir William Stephenson (born in this parish, became Lord Mayor of London). It has been rebuilt several times - in 1883, 1970 and 1981." Photo by Rose and Trev Clough, 2011.
  • Owner

    Rose and Trev Clough
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2929908
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Edmund Anon
    Last modified: 3 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 229 times
    Picture Taken: 2011-05-11
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES