Site of "White Swan" pub, Nelson Street, Maryport - October 2017

Related Pages


Maryport


Cumbria

  • Description

    "Appearing on the 1866 OS Map, the "White Swan" was acquired by the State Management Scheme in November 1918. As it is not shown on the 1925 OS Map, it was probably instantly closed following purchase. The building seen here was not part of the pub - OS Maps suggest the "White Swan" was situated within the fenced area now surrounding an electricity sub-station. Date of demolition has not been found, but seems to be post-1970." Photo by The Carlisle Kid, 2017.
  • Owner

    The Carlisle Kid
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5581568
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 116 times
    Picture Taken: 2017-10-27
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES