Description"A view looking southeast to the George Moore Memorial Fountain. This was erected in 1872 on the site of an earlier market cross by George Moore of Whitehall in memory of his wife Eliza. Her likeness appears in each of the four alto-relief bronzes (Acts of Mercy) by the pre-raphaelite sculptor, Thomas Woolner. See http://www.ukattraction.com/cumbria+lake+district/market-place-and-memorial-fountain.htm for more details." Photo by Phil Williams, 2006.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/126837
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 258 times
Picture Taken: 2006-02-17