Description"The present castle was built by William de Meschines about 1130-1140 on a mound above the River Ehen in Egremont. It eventually fell into disuse and became the ruin it is today. The castle is on public land and is open to visit at any time." Photo by G Laird, 2017.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5492618
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years ago
Viewed: 315 times
Picture Taken: 2017-07-25