BANQUETING HOUSE ABOUT 500 METRES EAST AND 300 METRES SOUTH OF GIBSIDE - List Entry

  • Description

    "Banqueting house. 1751 by Daniel Garrett for George Bowes. Restored 1980 by Charlewood, Curry ,Wilson and Atkinson. Sandstone ashlar; concealed roof. Gothick style. Large room with rear apse facing vista and projecting wings. One storey, 3 by 3 bays. Entrance front: central stepped arcaded 3-bay loggia on octagonal columns....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1355118
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 165 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES