View towards the chancel, Our Lady & St Wilfrid's Church

  • Description

    "Designed by Augustus Pugin in the Gothic style, the interior of the church remains largely unaltered since it opened in 1841. A rood screen topped with a crucifix separates the nave from the chancel. The stone pulpit, to the right of the arch, is painted with images of Our Lady, St Paul and St Wilfrid. Photo taken on a church open day. Exterior view of the church and additional information here [[4303904]] ." Photo by Rose and Trev Clough, 2014.
  • Owner

    Rose and Trev Clough
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4303909
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 241 times
    Picture Taken: 2014-07-19
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES