CHURCH OF ST MARY - Gilcrux - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. Early C12 with late C12 additions, early C14 and C15 alterations. Restoration 1878. Squared blocks of mixed red and St Bees sandstone, with angle buttresses. Graduated greenslate roof with coped gables and cross finials. 3-bay nave with 2-bay south aisle adjoining porch. West open bellcote of 1724. 2-bay chancel with C19 north vestry. Nave has C13 blocked north door...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1275717
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 97 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES