Kirkbampton

  • Description

    "Ancient parish in Cumberland ward, Cumberland, comprising townships of Great Bampton, Little Bampton and Oughterby (which included hamlet of Studholme)....school taught in church 1703. Three schools by 1847: by church, at Ploughlands and at Oughterby. Replaced by St Peter’s National School at Longrigg Bridge, in centre of parish between the villages, built 1876 with addition 1897. In turn replaced by modern building on edge of village, now Kirkbampton CE Primary School. Reading room in Laurel Cottage from c.1920; replaced by village hall (ex-army hut) c.1930; condemned as dangerous 1990s; rebuilt on new site 2001...."
  • Owner

    Cumbria County History Trust
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://www.cumbriacountyhistory.org.uk/township/kirkbampton
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 11 months ago
    Viewed: 127 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES