CHURCH OF ST KENTIGERN - Aspatria - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. 1846-8 by Travis & Mangnell, built on the site of and incorporating features from a Norman church. Dressed red sandstone,with angle buttresses and eaves modillions, on chamfered plinth..... C13 font has square bowl on 5 shafts. Royal Arms of Queen Anne dated 1711. 1910 aisle windows are a monument to Mary Lady Lawson. C19 numbered pews. Marble wall plaque to William Lomas by P. Nixson, Carlisle, 1823. Chancel has C19 piscina and sedilia. Musgrave memorial chapel has various C18 wall plaques to members of that family of Hayton Castle...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1234861
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year ago
    Viewed: 74 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES