Carlisle Market Cross

  • Description

    "Situated in a pedestrianised area near the Old Town Hall (left) and Lanes Shopping Centre (right). The cross, dating from 1682, was restored in summer 2009 (previously it looked like this http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1981027 ). On top of the column is a lion holding the Dormont Book (ancient city charter), with four sundials beneath. For details of plaque, see [[2436306]] ." Photo by Rose and Trev Clough, 2011.
  • Owner

    Rose and Trev Clough
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2436293
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 129 times
    Picture Taken: 2011-05-28
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES