PARISH CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Penrith - List Entry

  • Description

    "Red sandstone rubble west tower of C12 and C13. The west doorway and rest of church was rebuilt in 1720 in red sandstone ashlar, classical. Two rows of round-headed windows in chamfered openings and with triple keystones. Sundial on south wall. Interior has 2 tiers of Roman Doric arcades, wide aisles, and galleries of equal width over the aisles and at west...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1145048
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 4 years, 2 months ago
    Viewed: 257 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES