CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF THE HOLY AND UNDIVIDED TRINITY - Carlisle - List Entry

  • Description

    "Priory Church and Cathedral, now all Cathedral. Early C12 with various rebuildings until the early C15, with 1652 alterations to west end; minor 1764 alterations; 1846 (by Thomas Nelson) and 1853-57 restorations by Ewan Christian; 1950s restoration and vestry etc additions. Oldest parts are of mixed red and calciferous squared sandstone blocks; the remainder is red sandstone ashlar...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1208430
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 8 months ago
    Viewed: 238 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES