War Memorial, Seaton Sluice

  • Description

    The war memorial for Seaton Sluice and Old Hartley is located on the Green by Collywell Bay Road in Seaton Sluice. It commemorates 23 local servicemen who died in the First World War and marks the service of all 202 enlisted men from the area. The memorial was unveiled on the 10th of September 1921 by Leut-Colonel Pollard CMG DSO and dedicated by the Primitive Methodist Minister, Reverend J Metcalf. The memorial was made by T & G Cocks of Blyth and paid for by public subscription; the site was donated by Lord Hastings. Later the memorial was further dedicated to 27 servicemen who lost their lives in the Second World War. https://co-curate.ncl.ac.uk/war-memorial-seaton-sluice/" rel="nofollow">co-curate.ncl.ac.uk/war-memorial-seaton-sluice/
  • Owner

    Simon_Cotterill
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Public Domain Dedication (CC0)
  • Further information

    Link: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1837/42284970090_92746b019c.jpg
    Alternate Link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137828720@N06/42284970090/
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 85 times
    Picture Taken: 2018-08-10T14:47:35
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES