CHURCH OF ST CUTHBERT - Bellingham - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. C13, extensively remodelled 1609. Restored and west bellcote added 1865. Random rubble. Stone slab roofs to nave and south chapel, Lakeland slate on chancel. Nave, chancel and south chapel. West end has C19 gabled bellcote and 2 massive C19 offset buttresses with C19 lancet between. 2 further C17 offset buttresses flank the west end. 6-bay nave with possibly C17 lancets between C17 buttresses. C17 north door with shallow pointed arch in 3rd bay....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1370442
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 69 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES