Whitley Links

Related Pages


The Links


Whitley Bay

  • Description

    "The low afternoon sun is picking out Whitley Sands and the distant lighthouse on St Mary's Island. Early in the 1800s, the Links were strewn with colliery heaps and ironstone workings which became overgrown with gorse. The smoother ground and short turf here now was partially a result of clearances for Whitley Golf Course founded in 1890." Photo by Andrew Curtis, 2009.
  • Owner

    Andrew Curtis
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1634825
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 6 years, 1 month ago
    Viewed: 379 times
    Picture Taken: 2009-12-26
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES