DescriptionThis concrete pillar is located at the East of St Mary's Island. It was originally built in 1914 as a rangefinder to calibrate coastal defence artillery guns at Tynemouth Castle during the First World War. It was used for the same purpose, and possibly modified, during World War 2.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Attribution License
Further informationLink: https://www.flickr.com/photos/137828720@N06/41627260841/
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 2 years, 5 months ago
Viewed: 173 times
Picture Taken: 2018-04-21T15:02:34