Seaton Sluice and Old Hartley War Memorial

  • Description

    ".....The memorial was unveiled on 10 September 1921 by Lt-Col Pollard CMG DSO and dedicated by the Primitive Methodist Minister, Reverend J Metcalf. It commemorates 23 local servicemen who died in the First World War and marks the service of all 202 men from the area who enlisted. The memorial was produced by T & G Cocks of Blyth and cost approximately £600. The money was raised by public subscription, whilst the site was donated by Lord Hastings......"
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1440107
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 100 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES