St Andrew's Church

  • Description

    "The Church of St Andrew is situated in the centre of the village on a hill top opposite the Swan Inn. The church was consecrated in 630 and still retains many Saxon and later Norman elements. Nikolaus Pevsner called it 'a church of considerable archaeological fascination'. The parish church has been an important part of village life since these times and is still in use for regular worship to which all are visitors are very welcome. The earliest readable dated gravestone in the churchyard is 1724....."
  • Owner

    Heddon on the Wall - Local History Society
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://heddonhistory.weebly.com/st-andrews-church.html
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 1 year, 6 months ago
    Viewed: 112 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES