CHURCH OF ST ANDREW - Heddon on the Wall - List Entry

  • Description

    "Parish church. Some Saxon masonry, C12 chancel partly remodelled C13, aisles C13. Restored and west end added 1839. Squared stone with Welsh slate and Lakeland slate roofs. Nave with aisles, south porch, chancel and vestry. 4-bay nave with paired lancets of 1839, largely in older masonry. Late medieval south porch with pointed-arched doorway, sundial in gable and pointed tunnel vault. South-east corner of nave, where it joins the aisle, has Saxon quoins. Lintels of north windows inscribed TAB 1839....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1042770
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 1 year, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 103 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES