Heddon-on-the-Wall Memorial Cross with memorial park walls and gate piers

  • Description

    "....By common consent the village pond was drained and the land, donated by Sir James Knott, turned over for the memorial. The memorial cross was unveiled on 11 November 1922 by Sir Loftus Bruce, commemorating 16 local servicemen who died in the First World War. The memorial cost £170, raised by public subscription: the foundations were donated by the Throckley Coal Company...."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1438077
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 277 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES