Alnwick railway station [2]

  • Description

    "Seen from the platform end, and part occupied by mechanical digger agency, this lovely building remains in excellent condition. The station was the terminus of the Alnwick branch line, which diverged from the ECML at Alnmouth. The branch opened in 1850 and closed in 1968. The station was also the terminus of the Cornhill branch line to Coldstream which closed in 1930. The history of the branches and many more photographs are at: http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/a/alnwick/index.shtml The Aln Valley Railway Society was formed to re-open the line from Alnmouth. details at: http://www.alnvalleyrailway.co.uk/" Photo by Michael Dibb, 2011.
  • Owner

    Michael Dibb
  • Source

    Geograph (Geograph)
  • License

    What does this mean? Creative Commons License
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2459558
    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 2 years, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 191 times
    Picture Taken: 2011-05-23
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES