Tyne and Wear HER(12875): Benwell, Ferguson's Lane, Rex Cinema

  • Description

    "The Rex was designed by S.J. Stephenson and Gillis for the circuit owned by H.T. Smelt. It opened on 8 December 1937. The façade was in sand-faced brick of two colours. There was a canopy with neon lights over the pavement. The entrance hall and foyer were finished in walnut panelling. There were 1012 seats. Green and gold curtains hung in the decorative plaster proscenium arch...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/12875
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 4 months ago
    Viewed: 87 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES