Tyne and Wear HER(1302): Black Callerton village

  • Description

    "The earliest reference is 1246, when Eustace Delaval made a grant of half the manor of Black Callerton, comprising 12 bovates and 3 cottages. There were 10 tax- payers in 1296. The village then increased in size: George Delaval in 1519 died in ownership of one manor, 36 tenements and 1 cottage. Reorganization led to a fall in the number of tenants in the late 16th century...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/1302
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 5 months ago
    Viewed: 125 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES