History of Rockcliffe First School

  • Description

    "Rockcliffe School opened on 22nd June 1906 in temporary buildings in Rockcliffe Street. It was known as Whitley Council South School but became two separate schools; infant and juniors in 1909. Construction of the present building began in 1910 and it was used for the first time on 1st May 1911. The schools remained completely separate for fifty one years, until in April 1960....."
  • Owner

    Rockcliffe First School
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.rockcliffeschool.org.uk/about/history
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 9 months ago
    Viewed: 91 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES