Bishop Cosin's Almshouses and the Pemberton Building

  • Description

    Palace Green, Durham. The almshouses were designed by John Longstaffe and completed in 1666 by the Bishop of Durham, John Cosin. They passed to the University in 1837 and In 1872 they were converted into the University Museum and now contain offices and a cafe. The Pemberton Building to the right was designed by W. D Caroe and completed in 1929 and houses lecture rooms and the Union Society
  • Owner

    Reading Tom
  • Source

    Flickr (Flickr)
  • License

    What does this mean? Attribution License
  • Further information

    Resource type: Image
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 6 years, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 406 times
    Picture Taken: 2014-01-31T14:44:50
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.