ANNITSFORD (2nd site)

  • Description

    1878 - 1963 "The second Annitsford station was 16 chains (352yd) south of the station that it replaced. It was more conveniently sited than its predecessor to serve the village of Dudley where the colliery workers lived. The station took its name of Annitsford from a hamlet almost a mile to the east to avoid confusion with Dudley (Worcestershire) and Dudley Hill (West Riding of Yorkshire)....."
  • Owner

    disused-stations.org.uk
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://www.disused-stations.org.uk/a/annitsford_second/
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Pat Thomson
    Last modified: 1 year, 3 months ago
    Viewed: 153 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES