CHURCH OF ST MARY - Staindrop - List Entry

  • Description

    "Originally dedicated to St. Gregory. Parish church; Collegiate early C15 to c.1544. Some pre-Conquest fabric in nave; early C12 arcades; aisles, tower and chancel added; C13 transepts, nave lengthened, west tower added and chancel extended; north vestry added. C14 aisles altered (1343 licence to Ralph Neville for 3 chantries) and porch added. Early C15 clerestory and top stage of tower. Circa 1849 restoration including many renewed windows by Cory....."
  • Owner

    Historic England
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 3 years ago
    Viewed: 152 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags


Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.


Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.