Description"Opened in 1871 by the Blyth & Tyne Railway on what later became the North Tyneside loop line from Newcastle to Tynemouth, this station closed in 1977. View north east towards Shiremoor and Tynemouth. Taken from the new platforms of Northumberland Park Metro station, the original platforms were on either side of the tracks and ran to the overbridge. A stone-built building was on the right hand platform, and a wooden building was provided at street level." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4235758
Resource type: Image
Added by: Peter Smith
Last modified: 2 years, 9 months ago
Viewed: 251 times
Picture Taken: 2010-09-17