Description"Opened in 1852 by the York Newcastle & Berwick Railway, later part of the North Eastern Railway, on the line from Durham to Sunderland, this station closed to passengers in 1964 and completely in 1965. View west towards South Hylton and Durham. The station was beyond the bridge. The whole area has since been landscaped. When the Metro line was reopened to South Hylton, a more northerly route was chosen with Pallion Metro station being around 100m to the right, down the hill (see http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4214201)." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2012.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4214216
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 1 month ago
Viewed: 475 times
Picture Taken: 2012-03-24