Description"Opened in 1852 by the York Newcastle & Berwick Railway, later part of the North Eastern Railway, on the line from Durham to Sunderland, this station closed to passengers in 1890 when it was replaced by one beyond the bridge. This in turn was closed in 1955. A Metro station was opened on the site of the original station in 2002. View north west towards Pallion and Durham, although the Metro only ran as far as South Hylton at the time this image was taken." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2012.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4214229
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 5 years, 12 months ago
Viewed: 516 times
Picture Taken: 2012-03-24