Description"Opened in 1984 by the Tyne & Wear Metro on the line from Pelaw to South Shields, although the line on which it stands was built by the Stanhope & Tyne Railway in 1834. View north east towards Chichester and South Shields. An earlier station, also called Tyne Dock was situated just out of view to the left on the adjacent Brandling Junction Railway route to South Shields via High Shields until 1981." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2012.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4215926
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 4 years, 7 months ago
Viewed: 437 times
Picture Taken: 2012-03-24