Description"Opened in 1905 as 'Coxbench' by the North Eastern Railway on the line from Gosforth to Ponteland, this station closed to passengers in 1929. It was rebuilt and reopened as 'Fawdon' by the Tyne & Wear Metro in 1980, with the line now going to (Newcastle) Airport. View east towards Wansbeck Road and Gosforth. Coxbench station had both platforms located on this side of the level crossing, Fawdon Metro station was opened with one on each side of the crossing." Photo by Nigel Thompson, 2010.
LicenseWhat does this mean? Creative Commons License
Further informationLink: http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4254530
Resource type: Image
Added by: Simon Cotterill
Last modified: 6 years ago
Viewed: 638 times
Picture Taken: 2010-01-23