Tyne and Wear HER(4011): Fawdon Colliery, Engine Pit

  • Description

    "Fawdon Old Pit shown on the 1st edition OS mapping, despite the name. The colliery and Engine Pit opened in 1810. There were several pits - A Pit, B Pit (opened in 1813), E Pit (opened in 1823) and F Pit (opened in 1836 for draining water). Fawdon Colliery was owned by Newmarch Sons & Co...."
  • Owner

    SiteLines
  • Source

    Local (Co-Curate)
  • License

    What does this mean? Unknown license check permission to reuse
  • Further information

    Link: http://twsitelines.info/SMR/4011
    Resource type: Text/Website
    Added by: Simon Cotterill
    Last modified: 1 year, 10 months ago
    Viewed: 137 times
    Picture Taken: Unknown
  • Co-Curate tags

Comments

Add a comment or share a memory.

Login to add a comment. Sign-up if you don't already have an account.

ABOUT US

Co-Curate is a project which brings together online collections, museums, universities, schools and community groups to make and re-make stories and images from North East England and Cumbria. Co-Curate is a trans-disciplinary project that will open up 'official' museum and 'un-officia'l co-created community-based collections and archives through innovative collaborative approaches using social media and open archives/data.

LATEST SHARED RESOURCES